There are dozens of outdoor games that have been played worldwide. Among the famous outdoor games includes football, Cricket, hockey, running, archery and golf.
Confused about which sport to choose? Halt, you just found what you are looking for! All that you need for your Algarve Golf Holidays ranging from your beginner’s guide, terms, and tips to a directory of top golf schools. Relax and learn all you will need for this fantastic but ancient sport.
A brief history of Golf
Golf history can be backdated to the millennia in China. At the same time, the 18-hole type is said to have started in Scotland in the 1400s, and also some golf enthusiasts have uncovered golf history in South Florida. The word ‘golf’ originated from the ancient word “club”.
Here are some essential and necessary terms in golf you would need to remember:
- Golf Tee: This wooden peg is also known as golf. Your golf ball is usually placed there at the beginning of the hole.
- Fairway: This part of the golf course leads you to the green.
- The green: This is the soft, plush ground close to the hole.
- The rough: This area has wild trees and long grasses. It is located on either side of the fairway.
- Bunker: This area is filled with a sand ditch, and it surrounds the green.
- Hazard: These are elements such as trees, streams, or ponds that make it impossible to get your golf ball into the hole.
- Stroke: This is the swing to make to hit the ball.
- Scores: This includes the following: an ace, an eagle, a birdie, a par, bogey, double, and triple bogey.
Golf Clubs and Golf Gear
Although a good gear and golf club is essential, you mustn’t spend a fortune, especially as a beginner. As a beginner, you can get mid-price gears and golf clubs until you become an expert or intermediate.
For a professional, you could rent or ask friends with the best golf gears and clubs. You could also buy fairly used equipment or clubs.
Florida Golf Schools
There are lots of golf schools within Florida that could teach and give you proper golf guidance for you to become a great golfer. These are a few schools: Roland Stafford Golf School, Denise Lavigne Golf School, Matt Robbins Golf School, Jess Frank Golf School. You can always learn about playing golf and become an expert.
Once you begin playing golf, you could become interested in some golf tournaments. Here are some of the best golf tournaments.
- The four Majors (Grand Slam)
- The Masters
- The U.S Open
- The open
- PGA championship
- The Ryder Cup
- The Barclays
- The Travelers
Most Golf etiquette depends on who you are playing with, but there is basic standard etiquette.
- Show up on time
- Don’t talk during people’s backswing
- Don’t walk through someone’s line.
- Don’t get angry at all shots.
- Have fun
Tips for beginners
If you are a beginner, here are some of the best advice that will give you a great start.
- You have to be persistent to succeed at golf
- Don’t play hard courses until you are ready.
- You could enroll for golf lessons
- Try aiming, don’t swing yet.
- Keep track of your progress.
Golf is an exciting but demanding sport. However, with the information we have provided, you are off to a great start. Ensure you also do more research on your own.
This post was last modified on April 3, 2020 5:49 PM