Going into business is like going into war. You need to take calculated moves, so you don’t get killed, or in business terms, you don’t get bankrupt. You should create a plan if you want your digital marketing strategies to become a success. Taking risks is a good quality for a businessman, but don’t go into the battlefield without a plan.
Here are some tips to make your marketing tactics effective:
Clearly Define Your Goals
Before anything else, you need to define your goals. What outcome do you want from this? Knowing your end goals will help you identify which strategies are most effective in reaching them.
Let’s say you own or work for a pool cleaning service in Chicago and you want the business to rank high on search engine results pages (SERPs). The first step is to research. Find blogs such as webmarketing123.com – Chicago to learn what you can about search engine optimization (SEO) strategies you can use for your niche, and you go from there.
Find Out Your Current Web Analytics
If you have a business, then you must have a website. It’s one of the basic things that your company should have if you want to see significant growth in your business. Make sure that when you create your website, you also sign up for a web analytics tool.
One tool you can use to track your site’s performance is Google Analytics. Analytics tools help you find out which pages on your website perform well and which don’t. You can then use the data to figure out which pages can be left as they are and which ones need more tweaking.
Analytics tools can track site activities such as:
- Real-time visitors
- How long a visitor stays on each page
- Who viewed pages using mobile devices
- Amount of traffic
- Where the viewers are from
- The path of the visitors’ activities
Create a Blog
Blogging is an excellent way for you to rank high on SERPs. Here’s how:
- Research Relevant Keywords – Keywords play a huge part in SEO. Without it, your entire digital marketing strategy is useless. You need to research relevant keywords that you can use for the blog pages on your website. List them on an Excel sheet to keep track where you used them.
- Come Up with Topics – Come up with article topics that you can write about using the keywords you found. Make sure that you only use one keyword or set of keywords for each article, as each blog post will have its own page. Don’t overload each page with lots of different keywords because you could get penalized for that.
- Write High-Quality Content – Once you have a list of topics, it’s time to write them. Make sure that your contents are useful and compelling, such as tips and how-to articles. You can also write seasonal content for special occasions, such as a Christmas Shopping Guide to attracting people who are feeling generous around the holidays. Don’t forget to write evergreen content, too, which are timeless and won’t require you to update often.
Organization in management is crucial. It helps you execute your plan in an orderly manner so you can track your progress.
What you need to do is to –
- Delegate the Tasks – There’s only so much you can do at any given moment, and with managing a business, you’ll have a lot on your plate. Assign different tasks to different people; make sure that you’re assigning tasks to people who are qualified to do the job, so the flow of work goes smoothly. Let the web designer create the website and let the writer create the content.
- Stick to a Schedule – If you’re handling the business by yourself, then everything falls on you. Even if you’re doing this by yourself or with other people, you need to create a calendar of activities. Map out on your calendar what date you’ll post specific content and who’s going to be the moderator of social media pages for each day.
Connect with People Who Are on the Same Niche
Connect with influencers such as bloggers and vloggers who can promote your products or services. Through their impressive social media following, they could create a buzz about your brand and help you become known.
You can also guest post on blogs that are in the same industry as you. Contribute articles for high-authority websites. Include a link to your website so that the site readers can discover yours, too.
Creating an effective SEO digital marketing business plan seems like a lot of work, but it’s worth it in the end. Having a strategy helps you ensure better chances of succeeding instead of doing things at random, which could get you all confused. Try out the tips above. Have some patience because making your business number one doesn’t happen overnight.