Best Healthy Recipes: Since Apple keeps the doctor away, we thought let’s incorporate this wonder fruit into six recipes so that they turn out to be our go-to healthy dose of nutrition. Apple interestingly is an all-rounder inclusion in your diet. It’s packed with nutrition and has a distinct taste which can add life to both sweet and savory dishes. What else one could want!
Let’s discuss some of its benefits so that it gets easier as we go through the recipes. We’ll keep it short and simple.
- Apples are loaded with dietary fiber which helps lower bad cholesterol. Pectin, a soluble fiber is what is responsible for regulating cholesterol levels.
- Apples can fight asthma, prevent cancer thanks to their high levels of anti-inflammatory antioxidants.
- Apples contain flavonoids which stabilize the immune system.
- If you are aiming for weight loss, Apple has to be your muse!
- The apples fight cold as they are packed with Vitamin C.
Let’s now see how you can treat yourselves with Apples and stay healthy and glowing as ever.
The Apple-Avocado Smoothie:
A green apple avocado smoothie for energy and total glow.
- 2 Apples
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 ginger – chopped
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1cup almond milk
Blend the goodness away and serve immediately!
When these ingredients come together, you surely will get an energy booster. You can also use water instead of almond milk if it doesn’t suit or appeal to your taste buds.
This is the perfect smoothie to start your day with.
The combination of apple, avocado, spinach and immune boosting properties of Lemon and ginger makes it the most appropriate choice to begin your morning. So what are you waiting for? Rise and shine with this delicious mix of fruit and vegetable!
Easy Apple Pops:
- 2 large apples
- Coconut oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preferred toppings (coconut powder, chia seeds, raisins, almonds)
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Start off with preparing a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Then, slice the apples and make a slit at the bottom of each slice. This will enable you to insert the sticks. Place them on the baking sheet.
- Melt the chocolate chips and add coconut oil, and salt. Mix the ingredients until smooth.
- Dip each apple slices into the batter and place back in the tray. Top it off with caramel sauce over the slices and sprinkle the preferred toppings
- Freeze for about an hour so that it hardens and then, serve
- It will take approximately 20-30 minutes to prepare 6-8 apple pops. Enjoy the meal! We are sure the kids will love it too.
This is perfect for breakfast. Quick and full of flavor!
- 1 apple – grated
- 50g oats
- 25g seeds – sesame or sunflower seeds
- 25g mixed nuts – almonds, cashew, hazelnut, walnuts
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 medium banana – sliced
- 100g full-fat yogurt
Place grated apple in a bowl and add oats, seeds, half of the nuts and the cinnamon. Toss them well.
Add yogurt and stir alongside cold water. Chill it for 2-3 hours or overnight. You can serve by topped it with the sliced banana and the remaining nuts.
Pro-tip:- The oats and seeds soaked overnight works better and it makes them easier to digest. The muesli will be richer and extra creamy this way.
Once you keep a spoonful of this in your mouth, you are in for some real treat. The burst of flavor is heavenly and addictive. We bet you would want it for breakfast every single day!
The Apple-Avocado and Chicken Salad:
- 2 cups chopped chicken
- 1 avocado – chopped
- 1 apple – chopped
- 1/2 two garlic powder
- 3tbsp fresh parsley – minced
- 1/4 cup celery – chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper
Take a bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the chicken-apple-avocado mixture and toss gently to coat all ingredients. And Voila, you are done!
Apple-Cinnamon French toast:
- 4 slices of bread – diagonally cut
- 1/2 cup milk – fat-free
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2tbsp butter
- 2 cups apple – chopped
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
Melt butter in a large skillet. Keep the heat to medium.
Sauté the apples, brown sugar and cinnamon for 3 minutes or until you see that apples have turned golden.
Then take the bread and slit through diagonally and stuff 3 tablespoons of the filling.
Place the milk, vanilla extract, and egg in a dish. Stir until smooth. Dip each side of the stuffed bread prepared earlier in the batter to coat. Heat a nonstick skillet and cook each side of bread for 2 minutes until golden brown. Sprinkle some powdered sugar and it’s all set to treat yourself!
This is the quickest yet healthiest and yummiest meal ever that one can make!
Apple-Kale with Cheese Salad:
- Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon juice
Nothing too fancy. Add all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir and top it off with cheddar cheese. This will appear a fresh mix of vitamin-enriched green, crispy apple and cheesy romance.
The kale is super low in calories and has zero fat content. It is high in fiber and water content which makes it an ideal choice to combine in with the apples. Loaded with vitamin B and C, it promotes iron absorption at its best.
Bonus: The Minty Smoothie:
- 1 baby spinach
- 1 apple – chopped
- Mint leaves
- 1 cucumber
- Cashew nuts
- 1 cup coconut water
Toss everything into a blender and blend until smooth.
It is light on the stomach and has a cooling effect. Super low in calories, this smoothie is high in potassium and provides excellent hydration. The inclusion of nuts gives you the much-needed dose of healthy fat and protein. It is safe to say that this can be your muse the entire summer. Enjoy!