There is no dearth of social networking and messaging apps for your android or iOS phones which allow you to enjoy endless and real time messaging and chatting with your favorite friends and community members. WeChat has also gained a lot of popularity through commercial ads in the industry but people are often confused while creating backups for the chats and messaging.
There are several cases when you will feel urgency of the previous chat records in such messenger apps and it should be understood and followed with extreme caution otherwise, you will lose all data and chat history. Like other messenger apps, WeChat also provides the valued user for creating chat backups and restoring it to the other phone.
There are mainly two situations when you will have to create WeChat chat history backup: –
- If you are going for the latest OS version upgrade, you must create essential backup of chats and messaging history.
- Also, when a person migrates from one phone to another, backup for WeChat history becomes compulsory which can be later restored on the new phone.
Of course, this messenger app is available for all popular mobile platforms such as Symbian, BlackBerry, Nokia, Windows phone, Android and iOS. However, you are not required to grasp different steps of backup and restoration of the WeChat history for varying mobile platforms rather you just need to understand the exact idea of backing your data up and restoring it to other phone.
Important steps for creating WeChat history backup
- To start with, you should open WeChat app on the mobile phone.
- You should then tap on the Settings option.
- Click on General option then and again click on Chat History Backup to start the process.
- In the next step, you will have to click on Backup for saving chat history to a new file location.
- WeChat app may also demand for password which should be provided when prompted.
It should be noted here that WeChat server will store the chat history for just seven days which simply means that you will have to restore this history before the deadline expires. In other words, the users should always remember that backed up chat history from WeChat will be automatically deleted from the server which cannot be retrieved at later stage by any means.
In this way, the backup process is finished however; regular users should backup the history on every 7th day for complete access and restoration purpose.
Important steps for restoring WeChat backup history
- The user should ensure that WeChat history has already been backed up.
- WeChat app should be opened on the new mobile phone.
- You should now tap on Settings button.
- Open Chat History Backup after tapping again on General.
- You can now click on Restore option which will automatically retrieve backed up data or chat history from the server.
- At last, you are all done with the chat history restoration process into new device WeChat app.