With over 200 million of active and registered users throughout the world, Line app boasts of providing superb messaging service in free to PC and smartphone users. While using Line on Android or iOS phone, you might become interested in backing up the chat history or messaging so that it can be retrieved or restored in the future. This case may arise if you have migrated to any other mobile phone running on the same platform like Android or you are often afraid of losing your chat history accidentally. Whatsoever is the case; you can now manage easily to backup and restore the chat history of Line in to your new Android or iOS phone.
Valued Line users were often concerned about the data backup but there is always a solution to any problem. You should not have to worry now because we will illustrate here the best and easiest possible way to backup and restore the Line chat history in case of phone migration or fear of data loss. And, guess what the best thing about this Line backup is? Yes, you are not required to jailbreak or root your phone!
Line Chat History Backup
- Click on Chats tab after launching Line messenger. Visit specific conversation which needs the backup.
- After you have opened the conversation panel, you should click on the drop down arrow which is located at the upper right corner. It will show you some more options.
- Go to Chat Settings now to open a new title window.
- Click on Backup Chat History. You will get a new window with multiple options.
- Here, you will see two options in the name of ‘Backup as a Text File’ and ‘Backup All’. You need to select the option of Backup All which will create a backup for individual conversation.
- When prompted by Line messenger to send the chat backup to an email, you should click on Yes.
- You should then tap on OK to continue with the process of mailing your chat history.
- Just enter your email ID into the textbox and click on Send option. The backup process is finished now.
Restore Backup on New Phone
- To start with, the user is required to copy/download the chat history file with .zip extension on internal storage with file name /sdcard/Line_Backup/.
- Then, you should open Line messenger and engage with a new or existing conversation in chat option. Remember chat with the friend whose data needs to be restored.
- Click on drop down arrow located at the upper right corner and after this, click on Chat Settings.
- You will find here a newly created option named Import Chat History, just below the Backup Chat History. Simply tap on the newer restoring option to continue.
- The user should then click on Yes, only for confirmation.
- You will be prompted to click on OK by Line messenger after successful completion of import process.
You can do the same thing and repeat the above steps for restoring chat history for each of individual conversation.