Social bookmarking site are the best place to share URLs with other users. Managed completely by users, although they have not much controls on URLs submitted/published to public its completely user orientated.
In this exclusive guide on Advices Academy blog we show you how you can set up a social bookmarking site without any much knowledge.
What You Need
- First of all you should have registered your domain and have a working hosting plan.
- You should also have a perfect name servers configuration.
So once you have that ready, you are just two minutes away from having your first social bookmarking site up.
Here is how to get started with Pligg based social bookmarking site in few minutes –
- First login to your cPanel.
- Under Software/Services click on QuickInstall. QuickInstall is added to cPanel for managing installations easily and effectively.
- Here is how you QuickInstall Frontend will look alike –
- From the left side menu, under CMS Software select Pligg.
- Now Click on Continue.
- You will be asked to provide admin email and username.
- Once you provide that click on Install Now.
- It will take some time and once it’s done you will be welcomed with Congratulations message along with login credentials.
- You can check with your desired URL and see the social bookmarking site is ready to use but with some tweaks required.
- For that you need to have admin login. The admin login for all the Pligg based social network is yourdomain.com/admin. Enter that and provide your login credentials.
Site Up, Time for Promotion
So with that I have setup Snbyte.com a social bookmarking. Its time for promotion and contacted few social bookmarking lists available on the web.