Check out guide on how to install BBM for PC aka BlackBerry Messenger for your Windows PC. Download BBM and install it on your Windows 7/8/8.1/XP PCs.
You must be knowing that BlackBerry Messenger is now not just limited to BlackBerry Phones as its officially out for Android, iOS phones and tablets. That’s not the news I put up here, but certainly a guide on how you can install BlackBerry Messenger aka BBM on PC, computer and laptops that you use. So this indirectly means you can install BBM on Windows 7 PC, laptops, not sure whether it works for Windows 8 or the latest released 8.1.
Install BBM for PC
Straight on the discussion, BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) can be installed on your computer (PC) for free in two methods. Follow them here –
Install BBM on Computer using BlueStacks
Most of you would go with simple and easy method to do it. BlueStacks emulator allows you to run Android apps on your Windows as well as Mac PC for free. Follow the guide to do it –
- Download BlueStacks on your PC(different download for Mac or Windows).
- Install BlueStacks and run it.
- Now search for BBM on BlueStacks search bar.
- Click on Download and once that is done, your messenger will be installed.
- Start using BBM with your logins.
There you go with BlackBerry Messenger on your PC. That’s one of the easiest method but this requires you to open BlueStacks every time. BlueStacks itself requires better hardware configuration. And always running BBM with BlueStacks will slow down your PC considerably as it consumes more memory. So at times, BBM using BlueStacks can be limiting.
Install BBM on PC (Recommended)
- First, download Android SDK for PC and install it.
- Download VirtualBox open source software on your Windows PC available free and install it.
- Install Genymotion on your PC. Signup for Genymotion first. I found this guide for perfect installation –
- After the installation is finished, click Add and login with the id that you created earlier
- Select the Device , for example : select s4 Samsung / HTC one / Xperia Z with Google apps.
- Now download BBM APK latest version from Google.
- Ensure that Install Apps form Unknown Sources is ticked on your phone.
- Once downloaded, click on to begin installation.
- Now follow the on screen instructions.
- You will be shown to provide your BBM login credentials.
- Start using your BBM straightaway on your PC.