In this guide check out how to save chat in WhatsApp on iPhone or Android Phones that you are having.
WhatsApp is undoubtedly the most popularly used apps across all the mobile platforms, via., iOS, Android, Symbian, Windows Phone, etc. The app works similar to any messengers; however, the users can also send and receive media files (music, images and videos) apart from sharing the text messages either one on one or in a group. By default, WhatsApp messages are automatically saved in the phone’s memory on a daily basis.
However, these messages get deleted in case the users delete WhatsApp from phones. It is therefore, important for the users to ensure a manual backup of chat messages before uninstalling the WhatsApp application.
Follow these steps to manually backup the chat conversations –
- Go to the WhatsApp application from the menu option of your phone.
- Go to the page which displays the chat conversations with your contacts (not the individual chats).
- Now go to the menu options and select the settings. In the settings page, tap “Chat settings” and then select “Backup conversations”. By default, WhatsApp creates a backup of all the chat messages daily and the time the last backup was done will be mentioned in the “Backup conversations” section. However, by tapping on the “Backup conversations” section, the user can save the messages in the memory card of their phone at that time.
WhatsApp also allows the users to create a backup of the individual or group chats and same can be emailed later. The following steps will help you to save the chat conversations.
- Go to WhatsApp and tap or hold on a conversation or group.
- Options such as “View Contact”, “Add conversation shortcut”, “Delete Chat” and “Email Conversation” will appear. Now select “Email Conversation”.
- A pop up message will appear asking the users to attach media or not. Attaching media usually generates a larger email message and occupies more space in your mailbox. Select either “Without Media” or “Attach Media” option. If the option of attaching media is selected, then the most recent media sent will be added in the email as attachments.
- Another option window opens asking the users to select the email client (if you have more than one email clients installed in your phone). WhatsApp message will then be saved as a txt file. Send the mail and the chat history is saved till required.
The above two methods of saving chat history can prove to be effective if your phone’s operating systems crashes all of a sudden.